leading Essex business man warns of damage if no deal Brexit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yup -A CEO of a company employing 1000+ people.

Do leavers think their 'belief' trumps his business expertise.

I expect they do

“Similarly, tariffs on exports, both in and out of Europe, present issues for us, as a business that brings products in and out of Europe almost daily. For instance, we transport food produce out of the EU. Any hold ups at port will be costly to this operation and could result in rising costs to consumers and shelf life of products.

article from East Anglian times
https://www.eadt.co.uk/business/unc...for-businesses-says-chief-executive-1-5910607

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you read the article in full rather than selective quotes he says

"It is the uncertainty that is damaging UK businesses, not the concept of Brexit itself."

Wrong -that sentence is the end of a paragraph about stockpiling. it is not the conclusion of the article

This:
Similarly, tariffs on exports, both in and out of Europe, present issues for us, as a business that brings products in and out of Europe almost daily. For instance, we transport food produce out of the EU. Any hold ups at port will be costly to this operation and could result in rising costs to consumers and shelf life of products.

is an example of a permanent increase in costs. not temporary uncertainty

Information is easy to absorb - cutting out all the blather and might/maybe chatter is a little more tricky.
You've hit the nail on the head...... I can see how you arrived at your erroneous conclusion.

no doubt yellowhammer is 'project fear to you'

that awfully clever and honest Mr Gove said so

I can see how you arrived at your erroneous conclusion.

I suspect that you can't as, if you read the article (that you posted to support your viewpoint) carefully and slowly you might actually see the point is not erroneous, but I can see that it suits your purpose to ignore the actual words of the quote and to try to twist them back to your agenda.

Yup -A CEO of a company employing 1000+ people.
I suppose he should have had 1000+ votes on June 23rd then instead of just the one vote and leaving it to the non-CEO plebeians to decide. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back