leadwork lean to

NWM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got leadwork that needs doing on a lean-to roof I've provided some pictures. As you can see the one window is too low to run a tile under and to avoid taking this out I was planning to create a flat 3-5degree pitch area under the sill that could be leaded rough sketch to help explain. I've got the soil pipe next to it and the lead tile around it i'm not sure how this would dress around the lowercill etc.

Firstly is it reasonably possible for a roofer/leadworker to do this in leadwork without removing the window? (even if it means I myself couldn't do it)
Or does the window need taking up a couple of courses up?
I would prefer to keep it as it is if possible.

Secondly I understand the basics of how i would go about fitting the lead on a simple straight run into raked out mortar joint, however fitting directly under the cill would i just cut out the sealant, place it in without any chucks/hall clips, have it supported with straps from the nail holes of the tiles below, leadmate/sealant it back in? or would i be better with a 1 course 3" high upstand rather than 2 course 6" and just chase into the mortar line below the cill.

Many thanks for any help in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back