Leaf Blower

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have a Leaf blower, its runs ok but when I got to give I the welly it cuts out???

New spark plug, filters have been installed but I think its the carb not set correctly.

Does anyone know how to go about setting a carb?? I have been reading to turn L & H screws anti clockwise to fuel close the idle screw and open 1/4 turns (after warm engine) then work the idle L screw clockwise to get good idle sound then work on H screw for accelerating setting would this be correct?

Any advice would be very much appreciated?

Sponsored Links
It's probably best to set each screw around 1 turn out, and then adjust from there - which machine is it? There's a good chance the carburettor may need new diaphragms fitted plus a clean.
John :)

Ok, that’s the back pack machine.
The carburettor has two diaphragms and two gaskets.....one is the pump side that pulls fuel from the tank and the other is on the metering side which controls fuel flow through the jets.
I’d recommend that a new set of diaphragms / gaskets is fitted, not too difficult but you will need a can of aerosol carb cleaner and preferably a supply of compressed air.
Inside the carb is a very fine filter which will need a look at too.
If you fancy a bash to repair, remove the orange covers, the air filter and fuel lines, together with the throttle cable. The carb will then pull off its studs.
Id recommend the genuine Stihl parts at around £15,but pattern bits are available.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman

I will set to set the carb first by screwing the idle screw in then 1 turn out and having the L & H screws out anti clockwise before I start tampering with the removing of the carb

That’s fine.....when the machine dies, see if a quick application of choke makes it cut back in again.
When you are experimenting, have the tickover set on the high side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back