leak from inside combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has a leaking combi boiler. I took the front off and theres a brass disc-like cylinder about 4 inches in diameter with a nipple in the centre with a microswitch mounted in front of that. The leak is coming from the middle of the nipple. It looks like it can be tightened up - is this something I can do or do i need to call in a proffessional.

Cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
you need to read the top entry, ie what boiler etc

No work can be done on a gas appliance unless corgi registered.

sounds like the presure differential is leaking..........call a proffesional!!!

Thanks

I have 99.9% made my mind up to tell them they need to get someone in anyway. I'll have a go at most jobs, but i don't really want mess with the inside of a gas appliance.

Just wanted to know what the brass part was and if it could be fixed simply by tightening it up a bit.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you're looking at the diaphragm switch on the front of a diverter valve. No - the pressure seal does NOT tighten up.
Get someone in before it drips onto something vital - like the PCB. New diaphragm assy: about 30 quid. New PCB 90 quid. Your call.!

ahhhh.......yeahhhh......eerrrrr.......

lisdexia rules K.O :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

(quickly runs off stage with spell checker under arm)

Thanks for the advice

I will be telling my friend today that they need to 'get a man in'

Like i said i'll have a go at most things but haven't got a clue what i'm doing inside a boiler (especially someone elses) so will leave them to it

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back