leak from roof

Sponsored Links
typical London standards...
First i'd cut the gutter back shorter. It could easily be shooting water over the top of the lead flashing piece., once this is done, it will allow the valley lining to lay flatter. (looks like zinc but cant be sure)
Check the width of the valley linning and check there are water checks up both edges.
There is at least one tile with a corner off, change that too. (Ludlow plus)

typical London standards...
First i'd cut the gutter back shorter. It could easily be shooting water over the top of the lead flashing piece., once this is done, it will allow the valley lining to lay flatter. (looks like zinc but cant be sure)
Check the width of the valley linning and check there are water checks up both edges.
There is at least one tile with a corner off, change that too. (Ludlow plus)
Thanks very much for your advice. How much would a roofer charge to sort this out?

Sponsored Links
cost depends on access should be fairly easy to sort providing there are no hidden nasties. What part of London?

I had a builder over who said that the water is coming in from the valley which is bent and isn't wide enough. He thought it should be replaced. I also asked him to replace two guttering and fascias along that side of the roof, one 3m long and the other 1m.

This builder was recommended by someone who was happy with the work. He quoted £730 saying that he is charging as much partly because he needs to get the lead to redo the valley and that it isn't cheap. Is £730 a reasonable amount to pay for this job in London?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back