Leak from toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another quick question i'd like to ask if i may (have searched the site FAQs but no joy) - i have a drip coming from my toilet every time i flush it. The cistern sits just ontop of the pan. A common type of toilet i believe? WHy has this started happening, is it something i have done? WHat is the best and easiest way top stop the leak please?

Sponsored Links
is that the washer that sits between the pan and cistern? can i get a new washer for this quite easily?

Sponsored Links
q&b do dohnut washers

depends how much rust/p155 is on the bolts.they could be a nightmare

you can get a standard size for bq but their are many different types.
some i've had to order from the makers of the toilet

yes there are 2 bolts coming from bottom of the cistern where it connects to the pan. i cannot undo by hand. how do i get these off as the look pretty rusted?

also is the dougnut washer standard size? or will i need to take the old one in to shop and match? thanks guys for helping.

edit: thanks seco for helping - what do i do if i cannot get the correct size fro b and q?

yes there are 2 bolts coming from bottom of the cistern where it connects to the pan. i cannot undo by hand. how do i get these off as the look pretty rusted?

are the two bolts holding a metal plate or do they go straight through to the cistern ?
also is the dougnut washer standard size? or will i need to take the old one in to shop and match? thanks guys for helping.

it maybe a 1 1/2" or a 2" and they come in different thicknesses
edit: thanks seco for helping - what do i do if i cannot get the correct size fro b and q?

do you know the make of the toilet ?

the 2 bolts do not seem to be going through the inside of the cistern.

the toilet seat has bemis on (but that is a newer seat than the toilet i put on 2 years back). the toilet has no make stamped on it.

sounds like you need one of these.

p1077886_x.jpg

comes as a kit.

will the dougnut fit though as mentioned ??

how can i get these old nuts off though also!?

useally if its the one with the plate they are pretty standard.

i useally cut them off with a junior hacksaw.

can you not get the nuts or wing nuts undone slightly with a pair of grips then cut the thread above the nut.

sorry i have noticed that the nut does go through the inside of the cistern (sorry for getting that wrong). yes i can undo the nut a tiny bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back