HELP, TOILET IS LEAKING!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just noticed the toilet is leaking from the back of the pan that fits into the soil stack. It looks like it has a rubber off set piece between pan and soil stack and i've tried pushing the toilet back into the stack but no joy, still leaking. Also where the cistern part fits to the pan its leaking from the plastic nuts underneath. Any ideas please. I will try and put a pic up of the back of the pan if it will help??

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
as for leaking at the plastic nuts as you say is it all the time or only when you flush ?

do the cistern bolts go through into the cistern ?
as for the pan connector leaking is that cause you have moved it or the pan is loose on the floor ?

The plastic nuts seem to drip when flushed and yes the cistern bolts go through into the cistern.

Then pan is screwed to the floor but was a little loose but nothing major..

The plastic nuts seem to drip when flushed and yes the cistern bolts go through into the cistern.

if only leaking when flushed i would say your do-nut washer has failed between the cistern/pan.
39353.jpg

Then pan is screwed to the floor but was a little loose but nothing major..
this can cause pan connectors to leak over time.

have you any pics ?

Sponsored Links
new pan connector should sort that leak and the other leak fit a new do-nut washer.
water will find the easiest route and the hole where the bolt comes through
is always the way it will take.

if it was leaking all the time then i would say the seal on the bolt in the cistern but as its when you flush the do-washer is the part that fails.

Thanks very much for your help, just dreading taking the toilet out especially from the stack. Ive just checked the cistern bolt and the actual bolt is loose, it feels like its snapped but its been blathered with sealant on the inside of the cistern so i can't tell until i separate the cistern from the pan.

Is this the right connector and is there any tips on getting it on both the stack and pan?

that looks the same as yours.
they are straight foreward hold the waste pipe pull the old one out.
give the inside a wipe push it in.
the wc end can be a bit tight but thats what you want once you lip gos over it'll slip on.

have you confirmed that the pan conn is actually leaking and not simply being dripped on from above?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back