LEAK IN THE LOFT!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a rented property, and the first day we had the central heating on, water started spitting quite heavily out of the loft near the loft hatch.

We've been into the loft as it's happening and noted the following:

We know when it's going to start leaking as a there is a loud rumbling noise.

One of the pipes that we think leads to the boiler which goes into the smallest of the three tanks was spitting out boiling hot water (poss too hot?), so severley and with so much pressure that it was spurting out everywhere and causing the lid to keep jumping off. Also the lid does not fully cover the top of the tank, whereas the other two tanks are completely covered.

Could it be that the boiler is faulty?

Hot water from the taps is unusually hot, could the thermostat have gone?

Sponsored Links
It does sound like the thermostat isnt working.
The lid on the tank can be replaced by getting a byelaw 30 kit,which includes a lid,an insulation jacket and a mesh guard for the overflow.you will need to know the size of the tank to get the right kit.

Thank you very much for the help, sorry I didn't say thank you earlier, I was at work yesterday when I used the internet so obviously I haver only just got your reply this morning!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back