Rumbling and gurgling from the loft (Water Tank)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found that occasionally i get a rumbling/gurgling from the water tank in the loft, its quite loud and sometimes shakes the loft hatch cover... It seems to be worse if i turn the thermostat up on the water tank to increase the temperature, any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When you say water tank do you mean the cold water tank or the hot water cylinder? The water tank should'nt have a thermostat but the cylinder would..

I had a similar problem a few weeks back with the hot water cylinder, the thermostat had 'shorted out' so the water would get hotter and then rise up thro' the expansion pipe onto the roof, the noise vibrated throughout the house.

All i know is that the noise comes from the loft... I only seems to happen when i set the thermostat on the water tank in the airing cupboard to a higher temp. Thanks for the help....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back