Leak in Toilet Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak from a toilet waste pipe when I flush. See attached picture.
Looks like leak in the middle of bellows.

Can I get away with taping up or do I need to replace? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

toilet_21_10_2023.JPG

Sponsored Links
The flexible pan connector needs replacing. It looks like a bit of a bodge job where the pan connector meets the wall,and probably best left to a plumber to sort out.

A closer look shows the leak not in the pan connector. When I flush using bucket no leak but when I use flush mechanism get leak.

Leak coming from back of cistern that sits on toilet (see picture). Seems to be directly below flushing mechanism in Cistern.

Maybe corrosion of some kind 22yrs. Is it time for new cistern or new cistern and toilet?

Toilet_2_21_10_23.JPG

There is a donut shaped seal in between the cistern and pan that may be in need of replacing. The two bolts that anchor the cistern and pan together may be loose too.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I got this right but internals are a flush valve and a fill valve. Are there any brands I should go for?

No there are varying valves types.
Two methods for close coupling.
Show us pics of inside your cistern ,birds eye view.

Can someone tell me the type/brand of fill and flush valves I need for the cistern in picture. I also need a close coupling kit - not sure where to get it from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back