Leak Sealants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've plumbed in a new bathroom basin and the flexible pipe/monobloc tap tail and isolating valve basin side joints on the cpold feed are leaking very slightly. I've tried tightening the joints, but they still leak.

The flexibles are from Screwfix and the nuts were an interference fit on the pipe! I had to gently file the inside diameter to get them to slide on the pipe. Hot connections are OK.

Now it's very fiddly in there with virtually no room to swing a spanner, so I'm reluctant to replace everything.

Screwfix sell two leak sealants, user reviews for both praise them highly. One is Fernox LS-X, and needs water turned off, pipe drained and dry surfaces. No hint as to how long it takes to set.
The other is, I suspect, their own brand "No Nonsense". This seems to be appliable under water pressure and presumably while wet. Also claims one hour setting time.

Anyone out there have any experience of either, please?

Richard

Sponsored Links
Very rarely can a leak be cured by anything other than "tighten a little bit more" or "start again and do it properly" in my experience (inc. LSX).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back