Leakage radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my radiator has begun to leak i think its coming from in the wall as it happened when the top of the rad came loose form the wall any ideas? the carpet started to get wet and the rad is dripping alot from both connections cheers Sean

Sponsored Links
Turn off the radiator taps at both ends straight away. This should stop water leaking any more (unless the pipes are damaged). The valve at one end may have a plastic cover over the spindle, you may need to take out the retaining screw to get at the spindle.

Then look and see where the water is coming from - it is the pipes, is it the valves, is it the radiator itself?

Have you got a good supply of tools, especially big adjustable spanners?

Sponsored Links
You didnt say what sort of system you had so taking a worst case scenario that you have a primatic cylinder, then opening the taps would sooner reduce the water coming out of your heating system.

Also many people have told me that a leak was coming from one pipe but it was actually coming from another. Turning water off and draining water from all taps is standard failsafe advice for all such emergencies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back