Toilet Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new flapper type valve to the toilet, but after a few days the carpet round the toilet has started to get very wet. I have checked all the connections and there does not seem to be any apparent leaks from either the cold supply or when it flushes. But..... I have noticed there seems to be alot more condensation around the water tank and I think this is dripping on the carpet and making it wet.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Sponsored Links
If it really is condensation, then you need better ventilation to take the steam out of the bathroom. Preferably an extractor wired to come on automatically every time the bathroom light is switched on, since some people have a psychological aversion to ventilation.

But if it really coincided with your fitting of the flapper then I expect you have mis-fitted something and got a leak.

If you get water on the floor even after the bathroom has been unused all day, then it is a leak.

Fill from hot water supply, remove carpet or fit composting toilet.

Thanks guys. I've removed the tank and refitted it. I may have been cautious of overtightening the large nut for the flush the first time i fitted it so i have give it another half a turn. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem and also thought it was condensation. After many months I finally cracked it. The inlet valve was not closing on the rubber washer perfectly and whilst you could not see it there was a very fine spray of water emanating from it. I only noticed it when for the umpteenth time I had the cistern top off and was looking closely inside and my glasses misted up, the spray. This spray was quite forceful getting under the lid and showing on the outside of the cistern. Repacked washer in inlet valve cured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back