Waste pipe condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello group, we have recently moved home into a small bungalow, when we moved in the bathroom was carpeted; we replaced the carpet for vinyl. During the fit I removed the toilet and replaced the 4” flexi waste pipe for new. A few days later I noticed water sitting around the base of the toilet, on inspection I could find no leaks, but the waste pipe was soaked with condensation, this was dripping onto the floor at the rear of the toilet. The toilet sits against an outside cavity wall with the waste pipe running approx 80ft to a septic tank which is 18yrs old. The bungalow has central heating fitted which comes on twice a day for 2-3 hrs at a time. Any advice on how to eliminate or even reduce the condensation would be appreciated.
Regards Otto, West Cumbria

Sponsored Links
First thing to do is apply drain dye to the toilet cistern and flush the toilet to make sure it not a leak.

Then open the window for fresh air.

Andy

Thanks for the advice Andy, I'm sure its not leaking, as I re-fitted it over a fortnight ago and the water hasn't got any worse, sometimes its not even there, surely if it was leaking it would be constant and my floor would be awash. Is opening the window to aid with the condensation?
Regards Otto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back