Toilet waste fitting in the floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am renovating a 1950's bungalow.. It has an old toilet where the cistern is on the wall and a pipe joins it to the back of the bowl..

The plumber I had around to quote on the new heating system had a quick look and said the location of the waste pipe in the floor was too far forward for new toilets. He has said a new waste would have to be created in the concrete floor and the driveway dug up outside with a man hole cover installed to connect it to the drainage.. The old hole would also have to be filled in..

This seems like a huge amount of work to replace the old toilet.. Surely this is a common problem in these old houses and there is an easier way to solve the problem?

What is the maximum distance a waste pipe should be from a wall for newer toilets?

Are there any clever connections that would sit the new toilet further back over the waste pipe in the floor?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
If you are dealing with a solid concrete floor then I'm afraid he is correct.....the alternatives are a swan neck pan connector (which doubles back on itself for a couple of inches) or packing the new cistern out with a timber structure.
All too common issues these, when the old wash down pans are converted to close couples.
John :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If you have to create boxing to bring the pan forward, consider making it look intentional by using a concealed cistern in the boxing or a vanity unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back