LEAKING BATH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath has started to leak. I have checked the sealant, taps and the waste /overflow all appear to be o k. But the chipboard panel underneath the bath has water leaking from the waste end, as this is the lowest part of the bath. As I said before I don't think it is coming from the waste as the leak is coming from above it. I can't feel any damp around the underside of the bath. When anybody uses the shower shower curtains cover the top of the bath.

Sponsored Links
It is more likely to be the waste fittings than anything else. There should be a good seal between the bath and the chrome drain. Your best bet is to dismantle the complete waste assembly and refit using new seals and sealant.

Found it! I filled the bath with water and put in some food dye as I suspected a hair line crack in the bath. Using a mirror to check the back of the bath, about three quarters down the bath I found water coming down the side of the bath (not coloured). There is a T junction where a wash basin has probably been in the past. The pipe going up had been flattened and soldered but there was a very fine spray of water, as fine as a hair, coming from it. Removed the pipe flattened some more and turned it over. So at the moment everything appears to be o k.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back