Leaking Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a ravenheat 84 combi boiler, and have a leak which appears to be coming from the red plastic cap at the top of the boiler (I assume the dust cap for the expansion vessel).

Does the system need draining down and repressurising (i.e. bicycle pump), or could it be another problem.

Help!

Sponsored Links
Remove the dustcap, and carefully press the valve in. If water comes out, you need a new expansion vessel. Don't leave it, it is putting strain on your boiler and that would be more expensive to replace.

Hi

I have done a bit of research, and it looks like a simpler job to fit an external expansion vessel to the system, rather than pay a corgi guy to remove my boiler, install the component, and refit it again.

I am happy to proceed along this route. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain the expansion vessel. I also assume this can be fitted anywhere on my central heating system. I am aware about sizing etc already from what I have read.

Thanks for the help

Ian

any good plumbing mearchants, but did "what you have read" not tell you where to put it (return close to the boiler, i think)

Sponsored Links
12 litres will probably be fine, though there's no harm going bigger.
You can put it anywhere on the system. The only thing that matters is that the whole system is under positive pressure, just work it out, working on a 6metre pump, and say 1 bar (10 m) in the pv, and there's the height of your system.
see here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back