Leaking centre spout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The base of the centre spout on a Ideal Standard basin mixer tap is leaking and I need to replace the O-ring. How do I remove the centre spout as there is no screw holding it? I have tried moving it sideways but it doesn't appear to want to move.

Sponsored Links
at the base of the spout where it joins the tap body there is a threaded nut which compresses the oring enough to seal it but aloows the spout to swivel... if it is hex shaped use adjustable spanner to release by turning counter clockwise. If it is round. not hex shaped. wrap a load of electriceal tape around it first... youl'll need sum adjustable water pump pliers but be carefull that you dont rip through the tape and scratch allo the noice chromm offa ya spout. inspect the rubber and the nylon ring fer damage... replace as neccesary... (dont tell anyone .... but!!! if ya email the manufacturer... theyll prob send ya a new nylon and rubber ring fer freeeeeeee shhhhhhhhh!!!) assemble in the correct way... apply more tape to the base of the spout if needed and tighten... hey presto!! job should be a goodun... carefully remove lecky tape... stand back and think of the money uv saved...

btw ill buy the pliers offa ya wen uv finished... dropped a pair of rothenbergers down a cavity 2day and am seriously miffed!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back