Leaking check valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, there is a check valve looking much like that in the link at bottom of this post on the boiler side of the cold water inlet for my boiler. During filling up of boiler after bleeding radiators last week the valve was unfortunately adjusted (via nut on front) and is now leaking, either from around the nut, or back out of the inlet end to the valve, depending on how tight the nut is. Has the valve been damaged? I can't say for definite that it wasn't leaking before, as the filler hose is permanently attached and I suspect the pressure was already low. I've been looking for a diagram of the internal workings of the valve to see if that helps me - can the nut come all the way out or will I just end up with a flood then?

CHeers, L.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/22mm-doub...2HKPuwDzAfYUmCSGGUKN65MCgXeiXfh0IUxoCiU_w_wcB

Sponsored Links
As a whole filling loop is less than £10 then why not replace it with the current water regulations compliant type?

Tony

so...googling that, that would be the hose with the valve at each end built in? Being aware of sounding a bit thick here, that would involve draining the system...?

Look at the FAQ here.

Needs mains water off and system allowed to depressurise to the level of the filling loop connection.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back