Leaking cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looked in the airing cupbard today and notice towels wer wet. On closer examination I noticed a small drip of water from the underside of the cold water tank at the top of the airing cupbard.

I'm not sure if the water is originating from where a pipe comes from the bottom the the tank or from the tank body itself. I think the tank is original to the house (built in mid-60s) and seems to be galvanised steel and is 25 gallon.

I'm guessing wherever the water is coming from the tank is probably ready to be replaced with a modern plastic tank.

I will get some quotes from local plumbers I will choose from the Yellow pages.

Thanks for you help.

Sponsored Links
Here we go again, whatever it costs I will add on an extra 20% for whingeing pensioners, particularly if they keep telling me how old they are every five minutes.

disimulo.gif

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for kindly directing me to the new forum rules. I wasn't aware that they existed in their current form, since I have not visited the site for some time until recently.

What a nice bunch of shining wits you all are!

First Punter: How long is my parking permit good for?
Kevplumb: Two hours.

First Punter: Thank you.
Kevplumb: Yes, next.

Second Punter: What's the fastest animal on Earth?
Kevplumb: The cheetah. Next.

Third Punter: Should I fake my orgasms?
Kevplumb: Yes.
Third Punter: Thank you.
Kevplumb: Next.

:LOL:

I'm 85 you know, I'm 85 you know, do you want cash, I dont have a bank account, it's under me mattress, I'm 85 you know, if I was 10 years younger I'd be chasing you, (and I'd be friggin running) here's a wad of money, I'm 85 you know, do you want cash, do you want a deposit, I'm 85 you know,
how much will it be, an extra £40.00 if you tell me how old you are again :mad: your boilers spilling fumes and pumping out CO and your flue pipes asbestos and falling to bits, can I turn it off, oh no dont turn it off, I'm 85 you know, it didn't need a vent for the last 50 years and I will selloptape it up after you have gone, I'm 85 you know blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Just to let you know (as I'm sure you are really interested ;) ).

I've had a few quotes and a nice friendly helpful local plumber person is coming on Monday to put me a new tank in :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back