Leaking conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am a Handyman and have been asked to look at a leaking conservatory roof. I have repaired many roof leaks in my time, but would like some advice before tackling this one.

The conservatory is a basic edwardian syle (I think) only about a year old and has leaked from day one, the suppliers have been back about 6 times to repair and still not sorted, now the company in question has gone bust. From inside you can see lots of areas where silicone and expanding foam have been used to try and repair.

The leak is coming from the top middle which I think is called the bridge. it only seems to leak when there is a wind and rain coming from the East, and doesnt leak if straight falling rain occurs. It also leaked the other day when we had a strong wind and no rain, which tells me there is water sitting in there somewhere.

So, seeing the experts have tried several times to repair and have failed, where do I start, I presume the first place to look is from the outside, if so can I take a payne of glass out to get there or do I need scaffold.

Any suggestions would be welcome, sorry no pics, but looks exactly like the conservatory in the conservatory in the installation video on the Countryland website.

Regards
Gordon

Sponsored Links
The external ridge cover moulding needs to come off, and either resealed and refixed, or a different one fitted.

I sorted one of those out the other week. The roof panels had slipped and water was getting in up at the ridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back