leaking crosswater bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
strange one, or perhaps not??? After running the kids bath tonight I noticed the bath tap was dripping which quite quickly turned into a constant running (immediately not much). I isolated the tap, removed the cartridge, ran under water looked for damage (none) and replaced. I then turned the water on and it dripped/ran as before. If I put a little pressure on the tap turning it in the off direction the water stops. So does this sounds like i've been unlucky and just need a replacement cartridge? I have had the mixer installed for around 5 years... What I found strange was there was no gradual build-up. I figured It should have started with a slight dripping that got worse.

Maybe some crud has been drawn in from outside and this was the first tap on at the time and took the brunt of it? Is there anyway to service these items or is it just not worth the hassle?

Just wanted to check with you guys before I go out and get a replacement tomorrow. Expect it's £40+

Sponsored Links
the mystery continues, was leaking last night but was fine this morning... I turned the tap on/off and no dripping for leaking... Really weird. Could this be crud that has cleared itself? Seems very strange

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back