Leaking Drain next to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Just had a lovely afternoon clearing out a blocked pipe which takes my shower water. The drain is fixed now (i think) but I'm aware that water has been overflowing into the soil below and wall next to the drain for potentially quite some time. I'm worried about potential damp or subsidence problems this could cause in the future and would be grateful for any suggestions related to preventative measures.

My plan is to shift out all the rubble + damp wood that is under there, lay down some gravel and level out the floor using some of the old bricks to create an outdoor storage space. Is it a bad idea to shift all that rubble whilst the soil is still wet? Is it best to leave things as they are to dry out a little? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers!
IMG_3226.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG

Sponsored Links
Clear all the debris around the gully and remove all timber/rubble and wet soil. Then get some drain dye and pour it into the gulley with the shower running. This will confirm there is no leak on the drain pipework. Leave open for a few weeks and then check again and fill area with shingle.

https://www.toolstation.com/drain-tracing-dye/p19855

Don't worry about the foundations, they will be fine.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back