Leaking flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would be really grateful for any advice regarding my leaking flat roof. I have a 3 storey terrace house with a flat roof that last week started leaking during heavy rain and winds. We have had a lot of rain recently but until last week I have had no problems, I am thinking that the wind might have been a factor.
My questions are firstly, having called a roofing company to come and investigate I was told on their arrival that they could not use ladders to look at the roof, Health and Safety, as it was 3 stories. Therefore they would need to put up scaffolding - 350 pounds. I did not feel happy with this as once erected if I was not happy with their diagnosis or quote they would just take the scaffolding down leaving me out of pocket. Is it right that they cannot use ladders and is 350 excessive?
Secondly, I have now got my neighbour to take some photos of my roof, he has a sky light and was able to take some pictures but does not want it used as a point of access. The pictures indicate that their is a pool of water that runs the width of my house that covers the back 2m, it is the back of the house where the leak came from. It is about an inch deep. I could not see any leaks and it had not rained for a few days so that would suggest it is not leaking now. Is there anything I can put on the roof, via my neighbours sky light that is quick and cheap that may resolve the problem, recognising I dont know where it is leaking. One suggestion I have had is to buy some rubber roof sealent and give the whole roof a quick covering. I have not used this site before so will try and add some pictures.
Any help/advice much appreciated.
cheers
Pete
IMGP2767.jpg

IMGP2763.jpg

Sponsored Links
you can use an acrypol rubber based paint on the roofing felt, but
make sure that you put plenty on and that it is bone dy and free from debris and such like,

Thats alot of water ponding there, you should try and get that sorted too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back