leaking flat roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.

i had a big leak in my flat roof. i have just had my flat roof re-felted and the large leak has stopped. the roof is a single concrete slab. although the major leak was stopped over 1 week ago i am now noticing random drops of water appearing on the ceiling no where near where the original leak was, even though we have had no rain for 2 days.
as the slab is still probably wet and the roof has been re-felted so the moisture can't escape that way do you think that this could be the concrete slab drying out.
the room is not lived in. it is just where the freezer and spin dryer are kept.
it is just annoying.

Sponsored Links
Probably still drying and whilst cold will cause condensation to form.

If it's a six inch thick slab and it's been soaking for years it may take some time. Weeks probably. Was the original leak near the centre of the ceiling or the edges? If it is near the edge then you may still have a problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi Joe.

The original leak was on the adjoining wall to the neighbours house, which in effect is the centre of the roof. The house is link detatched.
The neighbour has also had his side of the roof re-felted but he has gone away for a few weeks on business so i can't see if his is doing the same.
If it continues to leak around the edges could it be the facia boards?
even though it has had no rain on it for 2 days.

Regards Lee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back