leaking joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have baxi plat 28 which has just developed a leak on a joint , had it installed about 4 months ago, now i cant tighten this joint up as it seems to be a soildered joint. Now would this be a case of either calling baxi and getting them to fix (it has a 5 yr warranty) or do i call the plumber bk to fix it as i am not sure wheather its a pre manufactured part of the boiler or not, any help appreciated. I have enclosed the offending part!

100_1054.jpg

Sponsored Links
na thats when i undid a nut and water sprayed about!, will call plumber but do u know if that joint is pre made or would the plumber have done it

Sponsored Links
He's used Power Flow as well.

So is the leak from the hot water outlet then paul

Hot water outlet is the only leak I can see. No soldered joint there.

yep clf it is hot water outlet ,thanks ill call him, hes coming next week to fit some towel rails, hes quite obliging, i just didnt want to waste my time waiting for him to come out to say its part of the boiler, but from wot u have said its a simple job(i assume lol>?)

Paulboy said:
yep clf it is hot water outlet ,thanks ill call him, hes coming next week to fit some towel rails, hes quite obliging, i just didnt want to waste my time waiting for him to come out to say its part of the boiler, but from wot u have said its a simple job(i assume lol>?)

2 min fix ;)

Power Flow is a flux, we dont use on gas now cause of its corosive nature. The oxidation gives it away. Now banned in Canada ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back