Leaking pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Complete refit of an ensuit bathroom with a shower, so everything has come out with new back to wall units fitted and a shower.

Ironcaly the simplist part of the job seems to be the biggest headach. I have a drip / leak between the pan spiggot (outlet on pan) and the flixible pan connector (photos below). I've tried three different felxible pan connectors (last one being mcalpine) and had the pan replaced (on advise of the plumbers merchant). There is a fall between the pan and the soil pipe (2nd pic) so should not be backfeeding...... Any ideas on how to solve this please? Should I be using some kind of sealent as well (did not thing this should be needed). Cheers

Sponsored Links
More likley the length/weight is pulling on the seal on the pan.
Why not lengthen the rigid soil pipe and fit a bend rather than stretching the flexi forming the bend.

You 100% sure that its not the flush pipe connector into the pan leaking and running down around soil pipe?

seco services - Sounds like the way forward. If I use a standard 90 deg pan connector on the soilt pipe this lines up with the pan spiggot. But then need an extention since the pan sits a bit further out. Its a back to wall pan.

45yearsagasman - Yes checked, its the pan connector.

Sponsored Links
How about a bent flexi?
71620.jpg

Thanks for all the ideas / comments. Solved it in the end adding a 90 deg fixed bend & by using a McAlpine product specificaly for backto wall pans - which has worm drive hose clip instead of push fit. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back