Leaking prv on heatrae sadia megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The 3 bar prv on my heatrae sadia megaflo is leaking from the black plastic cartidge. Is this something that I can simply unscrew and replace?

What do I need to do to replace this and stop the leak, please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
By the book this needs to be done by a registered engineer as its a pressurised system. That said, its a really easy job:

Find the correct PRV (mine was from an Ebay company but an OEM spec part - don't go cheap carp as its a safety critical item).

Depressurise the system and drain down to below PRV (follow instructions in the handbook).

Remove old PRV. Replace noting that the pipe length on the outlet may be diffenent so check first or have some plumbing kit to hand, and its probably a tapered thread into the Megaflow so don't overtighten.

Refill and re-pressurise as per Instructions.

Legally, it should be replaced by a G3 qualified engineer and signed off. If there is an issue and the pressure doesn't release, you don't want to be within 100ft of an unvented cylinder when it blows!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back