Reset switch location for the Heatrae Sadia Megaflo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, wondering if anybody can help. I had problems with my Heatrae Sadia Megaflo, and they were all solved (for the meantime) by the plumber I called out simply pressing the reset button. The trouble is I didn't actually see him do it, so I have no idea where the button is!

cheers for any help

rob

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the thermal cut out reset on the heating element? If so it is under the cap a little nipple which pops out when tripped.
Pete

if the overheat is popping regularly then you have a serious problem that must be attended to by a QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED engineer the cylinder is pressurised and is subject to G3 building regs and should only by worked on by a competant person holding a G3 certificate

Fluffster said:
Do you mean the thermal cut out reset on the heating element? If so it is under the cap a little nipple which pops out when tripped.
Pete

I think there may be two and its unclear which the OP is asking about.

There is one on the element itself which I suspect is the one in question. Then there can be one, more in line with the description above, on an indirect model connected to the boiler heat source.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The location of the OH stat depends on whether the Megaflo is an early model (made by Davcon, I think) or a later Baxi Pot manufactured HE.

The early ones have what looks like an immersion heater cap (and probably is) mounted on the flow connection from the boiler primaries. Inside is a wiring centre and the OH stat. Later Megaflos have the OH stat behind the hinged cover on the side of the cylinder.

It would be wise to disconnect the power esp on the early unit, as the wiring can be a bit hairy in the restricted space if the installer was hamfisted.

The boiler stat may well be faulty if the Megaflo trip is regularly going, this could have safety implications.

If needed, the cut out for the earlier Megaflo is still available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back