Heatrae Sadia Megaflow Boiler - keeps turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!

My heatrae sadia megaflow boiler keeps turning itself off and constantly needs resetting. Which is easy enough but after phoning megaflow they state that this will only work for a short time and soon the reset button will become useless.

The recommended megaflow company will come to look at it for a mere £75 call out fee + labour + parts + vat !!!! :( I know next to nothing about DIY and could easily get ripped off.

Can anybody help?? Once rest the boiler works fine for anything between 1-5 days before it turns off and needs reseting so I'm assuming its nothing too major. Please help!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
When was it installed? They're a bit new - should be under gtee??
Presumably a
Baxi Megaflo System 24 HE??
G.C.N° 41 075 47
or
Baxi Megaflo System 28 HE
G.C.N° 41 075 48

model number is dd210. Also should mention its electric not gas. And apparently out of guarante.

Then it isn't a boiler at all, it's an Unvented hot water cylinder.

You need to be licensed to work on them.
It probably needs a new thermostat.

Which you could fit yourself, but will be expensive. If you have two heaters, you could try swapping stats. (All highly illegal of course, but then I doubt if your cylinder was installed legally anyway, most aren't).

Just wondering if you had any joy sorting your heating system when the hot water was tripping - this is happening to our system at the moment and we don't know what to do.

Just wondering if you had any joy sorting your heating system when the hot water was tripping - this is happening to our system at the moment and we don't know what to do.

try posting a new question mate instead of adding to one that is nearly a year old

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back