Tundish overflow help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Boiler and the tundish is overflowing.
I have a plumber coming on Monday to fix it but its becoming unmanageable. Can someone please advise what I should do to contain it until the plumber comes?

Thanks!!!
Tom

Sponsored Links
The overflow pipework on a megaflow will only run when either the temperature or the temperature is to HIGH .open your hot water tap fully on the bath to see if this stops it. If your Megaflow as been installed for a couple of years and not been checked it could be the air bubble in the cylinder that as deminished and causing the cylinder to over pressurize. To stop this you need to turn the cold water off to the Megaflow. and open you hot taps, when the hot water stops flowing at the tap turn the RED nob on the pressure relief valve on cylinder (above tundish on side of cyl) untill water stop running, then turn off your taps, turn on the cold tap to Megaflow and slowly refill this will recharge the air bubble and you should be ok.

If the flow through the tundish is becoming unmanageable,
Turn off water heating - at immersion switches or at heating programmer then turn off water supply to cylinder - should be a lever on the inlet combination valve or a lever or tap on pipework nearby.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back