leaking radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I need some help. I have just come home to find one of the thermostatic valves to a radiator is leaking. I've taken the top off the valve and it seems to be leaking from the join in the valve. I would like some advice from you all as to whether I can tackle this myself with it 1: being Christmas and 2: being skint! If this is a job that I can do myself without killing the whole hot water system and being cold all Christmas can you tell me how to do it from start to finish. Failing that I think a towel will have to be under it until January when I get paid again!!

Thanks in advance!!

Phil

Sponsored Links
yeah - loads of tools - just don't know how to drain a hot water system with a tank!

Can you explain what you mean by join in valve or post a picture, or make of valve
Is there a nut under the thermostatic head arround a small pin, if it has then you may be able to nip it up if this is were it is leaking from,

Sponsored Links
If you're not sure how to do it I'd suggest that you go with the towel method for the moment. 4 days before Christmas is properly not the best time to be having a go at a job that could leave you cold. If it all goes pear shaped you could end up with a big call out charge just before Christmas.

Mike

I can't seem to get the picture onto the site. It's a MYSON valve that is leaking from the pin at the top when you take the plastic bit off.

Thanks swbjackson - your reply is seeming most likely at present!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back