Leaking Radiator Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our radiator started leaking from inside the valve cap, have turned the valve fully clockwise to shut off but still dripping.

This is the only type of valve we have like this in the house and I have no idea how to actually get to the valve, tried lifting up the cover and seeing if the top cap comes off but doesn’t appear to?

Does anyone know how to access the actual valve inside and on this type of connection?

Thanks

David

Attachments

• IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Lifting up the cover exposed what ?
Remove it and show us a pic from above ,and also from the side of the valve.

Lifting up the cover exposed what ?
Remove it and show us a pic from above ,and also from the side of the valve.
Hi Terry,

Sorry, the issue is I can’t seem to get the cover / cap off to see the valve underneath.

Other caps in the house are either a normal plastic one that lifts up or have a top screw to undo and lift it off, this has neither and doesn’t lift off ?

Hi Terry,

Sorry, the issue is I can’t seem to get the cover / cap off to see the valve underneath.

Other caps in the house are either a normal plastic one that lifts up or have a top screw to undo and lift it off, this has neither and doesn’t lift off ?

Attachments

• IMG_6693.jpeg
    IMG_6693.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    749.2 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
If the silver disc on the very top of the valve doesn't screw off ,or prise off ,then I suspect the whole thing will just pull upwards and off the valves spindle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back