leaking roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i am in a 12 year old house. At the front is a bit of a dorma. there is a lead gulley between the side of the dorma and the main roof.

We had very heavy sustained rainfall at the weekend and i have a leak.
I went into the loft and where the main roof and Dorma join water is dripping down an exposed nail point that is holding the felt / membrane down. The water has saoked through the plasterboard celing and soaked the bed in the spare room.

The roof has never leaked before and i am confused as to why now?
Could it be something obvious like blocked gutters or moss or something?

Or am i facing a drama? I basically wanted to know if there is something a should be doing myself before calling a roofer?

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
if you're comfortable going on the roof 1st thing to check is blockages in the valley, splits or punctures in the lead, slipped or broken tiles/slates.

check the area above the leak as the water can be coming in higher up and entering at the lead junction.

if you're comfortable going on the roof 1st thing to check is blockages in the valley, splits or punctures in the lead, slipped or broken tiles/slates.

check the area above the leak as the water can be coming in higher up and entering at the lead junction.

with the bad weather we have had frost and snow etc it causes a lot of damage to roofs if there is nails in the valley it will only be to hold the lead or zinc down and then overlapped . if you do go up on the roof remember water does run uphill beleive it or not :LOL:

to ask a daft question what is the materail that sits between the trusses and the tile?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back