Leaking Shower Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a tradesman out today to try and address a leak from the shower screen and the tray, but since he left (this may be totally unrelated, but too coincidental) the actual shower unit/base is consistently leaking! I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but is this a simple fix at all? I've tried doing all the basic things like ensuring it's all tight and screwed but it's still dripping like crazy. Please see photos attached highlighted in red. It will cost me double if I call him out again :(

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_212909.jpg
    IMG_20210308_212909.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210308_212839.jpg
    IMG_20210308_212839.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Unscrew the flexible hose from the base of the shower valve. There should be a rubber washer between them ,replace it .

Thanks, I've seen a video and feel comfortable attempting it, but what gets me is what size washer do I need to order? This never tends to be a straight forward answer..

Half inch washer usually. Toolstation Code 38969 " shower hose washer" for example.

Sponsored Links
Was that shower hose disconnected as part of his work? I'd be loosening the hose and seeing if there's still a washer in there. Sometime they drop out and are missed when re-connecting.

Just in case you were worried, that hose is after the on/off valve so it's just the water that's left in the hose that will drip out, once the hose is empty it will stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back