Leaking shower behind tiled wall - damp wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a shower that is installed behind a tiled wall. It was installed about 8 years ago and over the past 12 months, the other side of the wall (i.e. outside the bathroom) has been bubbling and getting damp.

The shower has a thermostatic control, which is separate from the water pipe. The pipe itself has an elbow-shaped pipe that comes about 1-2 cm out of the tilling. I looked at this and I can see that when the shower is turned on, there are some drops of water coming out from that.

I removed the head and packed with tape and put back on, but that didn't resolve it.

What's the best way to approach this? I think I may need to remove a tile (they're large ones) to get better access.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you not get access from the other side of the wall - it'll mean re-papering or painting that wall again though. Have you got spare tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back