Leaking shower border

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution.

We had a bathroom refurbishment 5 years ago, tiling, bath and shower over bath with screen. We had persistent leaks into our neighbours below prior to this but all but one has been solved. We've just filled holes around any pipe work with the expanding foam filler. It looks as if the bath is not set at an exact horizontal level (but only minimally out) and therefore the shower screen does not sit flash on the bath rim, although still pretty tight. Water gets between the screen door and its frame, only at bath rim level and flows onto the floor. We've tried to fill with acetate filler repeatedly to no avail. I'm now thinking of putting a strip of water resistant metal or plastic, 3 cm wide but very thin in depth that runs the whole length of the hinged join between the door and frame that it's hinged to, but cannot find anything of these dimensions in DIY shops. I don't really want to start messing with the bath horizontal level. Can anyone suggest where I might get such a strip or have an alternative suggestion? Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
you should be able to unscrew the shower screen from the wall and re screw it to wher you need it to be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back