Novice...shower screen problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We've recently bought a shower bath, there are 2 doors so that it gives the impression of being a shower cubicle inside a bath. Actually, here's a link to the very bath we bought:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/752-2857

We also bought the other shower door.

Problem is that water is pouring out of both of the doors through the hinges and out of the bottom of the curved screen. Unlike this picture, our taps are in the corner at the edge of the bath.

Does anyone know how we can prevent this from happening as we bought an expensive bath as the last one was rubbish and so far this one is proving to be just as bad only considerably more expensive!

Thanks

Mandy

Sponsored Links
I would contact the manufacturer or retailer as a screen that does not seal is obviously not fit for the purpose. :(
You have spent good money so deserve good quality:cool:

Mandy you probably will not appreciate my signature below ;)

You're probably right, I thought I'd try here and see if there was something we were missing. I suspect the manufacturer won't do anything, afterall, the bath and doors are fitted now and it's not as though they'll take it back!

I'm not offended by your signature.....I appreciate we can be difficult, it's because we're more advanced than men, that's why we're difficult to understand :LOL:

Mandy
Contact trading standards if manu refuses to acknowledge your problem :evil:
A shower screen that lets all the water out is as much use as a chocolate ash tray :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have just installed a very similar bath (from Homebase made by Jacuzzi).

Two things:

(1) Are you sure the bath is level? This impacts the bottom seal as it will be tight in parts and loose in others. With the screen in place, try pushing down on the seal to ensure it is tight against the bath.

(2) Jacuzzi recommend silicone sealant along the outside edge of the wall bracket and for the full length of the wall bracket where the screen holder slots into it. I'd recommend clear 'real' silicone here as you can't really see it when it dries.

Did you use any silicone at all on the screen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back