Help regarding bathroom screen/leak problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See attached pictures.

I have a P shaped bath in one of my bathrooms (bought as a new build).

The curved screen for the bath is hinged, so rotates, and between the bottom of the screen, and the top of the bath is a water guard/deflector. Because of this, where the water guard meets the hinge of the screen, water gushes through the space and leaks onto the floor. After trying multiple water deflectors/seals/guards the problem continued.

I thought I would silicone the screen down to the bathtub to seal everything to prevent leaks, but now mould is growing underneath the screen as water has managed to get into the space between.

I'm happy to I've tried looking for curved screens that are fixed, not pivot or hinged, but no luck, can only find the hinged ones.

Any suggestions? Are curved fixed screens available? Is there an alternative solution I could try?
thumb_IMG_1031_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1032_1024.jpg

Sponsored Links
Good quality screens have a vertical seal in between the wall mount and the screen, to fill the gap, buy one that has one.

The leak wasn't coming from between the mount and the screen, it was coming from where the hinge of the screen is, which is part of the screen itself, not the mounting mechanism.

I have annotated a different picture below. I appreciate my siliconing efforts were poor!

thumb_IMG_1033_1024.jpg

Sponsored Links
Fitted loads of them.
Good quality ones don't leak, poor quality ones do. My methods of fitting are the same for both, and according to the MI's.
There is some allowance for walls and bath being out of 90 degrees but this can also be a detrimental factor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back