showerscreen for roll top bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
We are planning the bathroom and Mrs T would love a double ended roll top bath. Problem is that we will need to use it as a shower.
I can't stand shower curtains.
At the moment it seems the only option is a single ended freestanding bath that goes in the corner and then a shower screen along the side of the bath.
Like this

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...m-PQosJWGvW4L8uqLHRoCl4kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But there any curved shower screens specifically for roll top baths? Or can they be custom made at all?. If so is the price massively expensive?
TIA

Sponsored Links
You could get a glass screen made and ensure that it has a decent rubber seal at the base
My cast iron (non roll top) screen is one of those that folds into 4 and relies on the wall to hold it, rubber bottom to seal

That bath you have linked to isn't freestanding, as you suggest it has 2 straight sides that are fixed and sealed to the wall. They are trying to give the impression that it's an old style rolltop with the design but in essence it's really just an old standard metal bath with feet with 2 square sides.

Any true freestanding bath would need a centre mounted wrap around curtain, hung from the ceiling frame that @muggles has linked to.

Anything at all in glass would be highly bespoke and wouldn't come cheap, if possible at all.

Sponsored Links
Madrab
The one I linked to is the plan b compromise.
Mounting to ceiling is not a problem as we have exposed beams to attach to.
Tigercub. Thats what I was thinking of a curved screen ( or maybe a concertina type) that could sit on the bath and fixed to the ceiling via some fancy poles and brackets

Tigercub. Thats what I was thinking of a curved screen ( or maybe a concertina type) that could sit on the bath and fixed to the ceiling via some fancy poles and brackets

I think the one he is describing is a shutter screen, that anchors to the wall like normal.

L-2016-7-13--8-15-37-507.jpg

The frame that muggles linked to is for a shower curtain that sits in the middle of a freestanding double ended bath
freestanding-bathtub-shower-curtain.jpg

If you're talking about the bath in your link, then it can use any normal 'fit to the wall' bath shower screen as there's enough of a lip for the seal to sit on.

You'll never get a screen to look good on a double ended roll top bath, if it is even possible, which I doubt.

Sorry
I have caused some confusion.
The link I posted was what is practical at easy to buy.
What i was hoping was for a curved screen.
It seems like that doesnt exist.
Would a sheet of perspex or similar be able to curve enough to match the curve of the bath. ( I would fabricate runners top and bottom to fix it in place)

Perspex UK are very helpful, if you decide to go down that route ask for their technical dept. if sales can't help you. https://www.perspexsheet.uk The only problem is you would probably have too pay for a full 8 x 4 sheet. I used 6mm. to replace a curved broken shower cubicle door & it worked fine, but you may need to drop to 4mm for what I suspect you want to do. Alternatively search for a canopy bath, though not sure if this what you are looking for.

Last edited:
The bath you linked to is this.

A15BSR_detail1_460.jpg

It uses a wall mounted straight screen, because the side of the bath is straight. Why would you want a curved screen, it just wouldn't fit.

You get curved screens for P shaped baths but the bath you linked to isn't isn't P shaped either.

th
th

I think the OP has said the one linked to isn't the preferred option but a plan B.

I think he is still trying to find a solution for a double ended roll top bath.

A15BSR_detail1_460.jpg

It uses a wall mounted straight screen, because the side of the bath is straight. Why would you want a curved screen, it just wouldn't fit.

You get curved screens for P shaped baths but the bath you linked to isn't isn't P shaped either.

th
th
What I ideally want is the p bath screen above but fitted at the end of a roll top bath. I wonder if its the same curve?

Perspex UK are very helpful, if you decide to go down that route ask for their technical dept. if sales can't help you. https://www.perspexsheet.uk The only problem is you would probably have too pay for a full 8 x 4 sheet. I used 6mm. to replace a curved broken shower cubicle door & it worked fine, but you may need to drop to 4mm for what I suspect you want to do. Alternatively search for a canopy bath, though not sure if this what you are looking for.
Thanks
I will investigate.

I have seen what I believe the OP is after. On occasions when in a reclimation/salvage yard.

An original Victorian metal/cast iron roll top bath, with a fixed metal non moveable panel / canopy around one end of the bath with a shower head fitted inside.

I have to say, they have never looked very attractive, but a bespoke one in perspex or toughened safety glass might look better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back