Bath "ledge" query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Bit of an odd one here.
we are upgrading our bathroom (which only has a shower at the moment) but we wish to put in a bath.
Appleby 1700 Roll Top Shower Bath + Chrome Leg Set | Victorian Plumbing UK
we are going for the for the left hand option as the bath is going into the right had corner of the bathroom.
There are a couple of issues.
We have a window on the wall at the end of the bath.
If we fit the bath tight into the corner the shower screen would "cut across the window" vertically.
So I wondered about fitting a "ledge" similar to below
carron-echelon-duo-double-ended-bath-with-tap-ledge-1800-x-800mm-55162-p.jpg

With the nature of the bath would this work or would this look stupid?
Or are there any other ideas that could work?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have to say any bath where the shower screen cuts a window vertically won't look right. If I remember rightly there are bespoke companies that will create enclosures to fit showers in strange places like that but they're made specifically for the location and aren't cheap.

I'd look again at where the bath may be able to go.

Muggles
Thanks for the reply
The problem with the Repton is that i need a screen fitted to the outer edge of the bath so i need 3 square corners.

Sponsored Links
I have to say any bath where the shower screen cuts a window vertically won't look right. If I remember rightly there are bespoke companies that will create enclosures to fit showers in strange places like that but they're made specifically for the location and aren't cheap.

I'd look again at where the bath may be able to go.

I agree, this is the reason i was thinking of a ledge to push the bath out so the edge is past the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back