Roll top bath shower mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!

I’ve got an old cast iron roll top bath. I want to put a new Sanitan shower mixer tap on the rolled edge. However, because it is curved I can’t fit a normal mixer tap.
Does anyone know any fixings or washers to use as an interface between the flat brass nut on the shower mixer tap and the curved underside of the roll top bath? At the moment
I've used a plastic thing and it won’t stay upright.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
For a start, the "plastic thing" (top hat washer) is upside down. I see that the shape of the bath possibly won't allow you to fit it the right way.

How much of an 'interface' do you need? You could use 3/4" poly washers, or centralising washers, something like a Splitklick.
The lugs may help hold the tap in place.
centralIll2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: 101
A lot of the rigidity is gained from the copper pipe work connecting up the tap underneath. With the use of flexible hose connections, you don't get this.

My kitchen monotap is plumbed in with flexi hoses and it wobbles no mater how tight the holding nut is below. The thickness of the stainless steel sink just seems to bend and flex :rolleyes: With proper copper pipe work it would have more stability.

Hi

A piece of wood with the edges removed spanning the two taps might work?

HTH

Sponsored Links
Another vote for a piece of timber - and rigid pipe tails.

Cut and shape as big a chunk of timber as you can to fit the curve under the lip, and leave just enough of the tap tails projecting to take the backnuts and tap connectors.

Don't use ply, MDF or chipboard, as they all tend to fall apart when they get damp

Rigid pipe tails well clipped under the tub will work wonders too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back