Leaking single lever monobloc tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a generic single lever monobloc mixer tap with shower head attachment in the bathroom (came with the bathroom suite, no identifying markings but i think that it's Italian in origin) & it's leaking from where the lever meets the pillar.

I'm guessing that it's the ceramic cylinder in the body of tap that's buggered so i was trying to get to it to see if i could source a replacement. I've located the grub screw behind the red/blue insert at the front of the tap but, when i remove this, i still can't get the tap apart. I've tried rotating the lever both ways whilst exerting a steady upward pull but no joy even after using a bit of WD40.

Any ideas beyond buying a new tap?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It's more likely just stuck on the plastic part of the cartridge once you have removed the grub screw it should just lift off.

I'm aware that it should just lift off once the screw is removed but it doesn't: that's kind of the problem...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back