Single Lever kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy a single Lever monobloc kitchen tap, but I need it to have the Lever at the front like the one below. Can you literally buy any other tap like this that has the controls to the side and turn the tap so the controls face the front, or do you have to buy one that specifically looks like this? The reason being is we have been advised by our quartz company as we have upstands the levers May hit the upstand and stop the tap working

1661885661892.png

Sponsored Links
Just to note, if you suffer from OCD over aesthetics, it might be worth popping into a shed and playing with the taps they have on display!
For example, my Grohe kitchen monolever, if facing forwards, the lever for fully on cold would face 9:15, but for fully on hot, would face 1o'clock (which incidentally means it would never hit an upstand!) :)

Probably not an issue for you as your worktop is dictating the orientation, but for anyone else check with your wife which way round she wants it installed before you put it in.

I still get grief about it being in the "wrong" orientation despite me telling her there's a spanner in the garage for her to sort it out herself.

Sponsored Links
haha! cheers chaps. I thought that was probably the case. To be honest I dont like the idea of the lever being at the front, but equally I want to be able to the tap on! as advised I will pop into b&q or the like and see how their taps work. the added issue I have is I have gravity fed hot which means I need a tap that works on 0.4 bar ish. The rangemaster above works on any pressure.

I have is I have gravity fed hot which means I need a tap that works on 0.4 bar ish. The rangemaster above works on any pressure.
If the tap will be the source of drinking ware then it would be sensible to consider a tap which does not allow the hot and cold to mix until they have left the spout.

The tap has two channels on the spout, one for hot and one for cold.

This reduces the risk of water from the storage tank, which may be contaminated. being used for drinking,

Another advantage if connections are made correctly :-

Dual Flow Taps. This tap keeps the flow of hot and cold water separate in the body to prevent uneven pressure. It also ensures that the hot water runs along the inside of the tap so that the spout does not become too hot to touch.7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back