Leaking Soil Gutter Junction > How to Fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ! We have received from Santa a leaking soil pipe gutter junction and wondering how to fix. I am not sure how much a builder will cost to replace the whole thing as it is over a skylight and has flashings - might be expensive.

Looks like the last repair had lasted at least 8 years so might try to re-repair it. Perhaps someone could advise on a compound to repair the junction and the procedure ? Do I have to hack off the old compound or sand it or what's the best option ? Thanks.

And if it's not that simple what can a professional do ? And how much would it be ? And can someone give a recommendation around Brighton / Worthing area ?

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I presume no-one has answered because, tbh, the original installation is terrible.
I'd try a silicone sealant but it isn't ideal.

I presume no-one has answered because, tbh, the original installation is terrible.I'd try a silicone sealant but it isn't ideal.
Why do you say that the installation is terrible ? I don't have any clue about these things.
thanks ... wouldn't it be better to get something a bit stronger like epoxy or fibreglass pipe repair or joint compound ? The question I have is should I hack off the old repair or work around it ?

And don't know if you can estimate how much a replacement would cost ?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you google pipe saddle you may find something that will do the job properly.

I presume no-one has answered because, tbh, the original installation is terrible.
I'd try a silicone sealant but it isn't ideal.
The soil pipe is venting through the rainwater pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back