leaking summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I'm hoping someone(s) out there might be able to 'shed' some light on this one.

We've got a west facing summerhouse which seems to have a permanently wet floor in the area under the windows. We've sealed it, puttied it, put wooden batons on the vertical seams and still the water is coming in.

It's built on a foundation of slabs, on which has been laid a four inch thick wooden grid. I've taken the front row of slabs away in case they were trapping water against the building but to no effect.

Any thoughts on what I should try next.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion but the roof overhangs the front by a good six inches.

After I posted yesterday I took the suggestion of a work colleague and hosed the front. Some of the windows (There are 20 of 6" x 6") are letting in water so we'll work on that. (I hadn't hosed it till then as I was reluctant to introduce more water into the system.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back