Leaking Toilet

DCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

This is my first post on here (mainly because I can always find the answer to my question!).

I’ve got two ideal standard concealed toilets which are both leaking water into the bowl. At first I thought it was a simple flush washer but no joy after replacing.

Now when I turn the water on to start filling the cistern there’s no leaking for a minute or so and then it starts to flow into the bowl at quite a rate. As soon as I turn the water off the bowl stops leaking and the cistern seems to hold water?

Ive played around with the water level but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

For reference it’s an Ideal Standard duo flush with an internal overflow, it’s a similar unit to part # SV93467.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have taken out the drop valves and replaced their sealing washer then it can only be the water level is reaching the overflow pipe, that means the fill valve level needs adjusted so the water level is lower and/or the fill valves aren't stopping filling and need replaced.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I’ve cleaned the cradle out (as best I can because access is limited).

I’ve also set the water depth from the lowest all the way to the highest and no difference.

It’s just peculiar that it pours water into the bowl but the second I turn the water off it stops.

It’s got an internal overflow so it isn’t immediately visible if water is entering though here.

Sponsored Links
There is one fill valve that always causes me grief to get right, could you photograph yours.

That's the only place it can be coming from -

The water feeds the fill valve > the fill valve is filling the water level above the overflow > water pours down the overflow, past the flush valve and into the bowl > turn the water off to the fill valve > water no longer enters the cistern trough the fill valve and therefore water stops pouring down the overflow straight away.

Only thing it can be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back