Leaking UFH mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our manifold we have a Polypipe mixer (blending?) valve.
At temps below maximum it leaks a small but constant amount of water from the spindle area. The UFH is in screed so shouldn't be at max temp I guess.

According to my plumber's stockist the valve is a special order from Polypipe and costs £280.. I can buy a combo pack with the valve AND pump for £250!

Can these be reconditioned in situ or am I best to buy the pack and sell the pump privately?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 586
Sponsored Links
You know I noticed that - they sell a mixer which looks similar but with a different casting(?) the pipes being side by side rather than over and under. Maybe they make a special part for Polypipe.

I'm guessing it will be the same mixer control.. And apparently a refurb kit is available for the Reliance valve .. Hmm

Only thing stopping a well meant DIY repair is the lack of any valve on the boiler return, so it'd need to be a drain down :(

I've asked a few plumbers but most I call are averse to working on UFH..

I have changed on of these in the last couple of months, think I paid about 170 for it, it's also ever so slightly different to the original in dimensions.

what kind of plumbers don't like working on UFH? crazee

Sponsored Links
I suspect there are some with a little experience of them who have realised that a simple repair like a leaking part can become much more involved if it turns out that the system has never been balanced and might even have design faults.

@jdp80 If you put up an area you are from or a start of your postcode there may be someone in here that can help you out.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back