Underfloor pump and mixer valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best way to install the components?
I'm thinking
1. Pump on flow from thermal store
2. Bypass valve from flow to return
3. Thermostatic mixer valve blending in the return from the ufh.
4. Manifold

Some people seem to have the pump after the mixer valve.
1. Mixer valve
2. Pump (pulliing water through the mixer rather than pushing it.)
3. Bypass valve from flow to return.
4. Manifold.

I suppose theres no reason the pump can't go on the return to the thermal store?

Any thoughts anyone?

Sponsored Links
I'm no UFH expert but I think where the pump is depends on the type of mixing valve you have, whether it's an "injection" type or not. Whatever you buy should come with instructions so just follow them.

I don't think you can put the pump on the return to the thermal store because you'd loose all the positive pressure through it.

Could you not just use a pre-plumed unit designed to go onto an existing pumped circuit?

Some people seem to have the pump after the mixer valve.

Thats the normal method and a primary pump supplying the hot port of a thermostatic 3 port blender with the by-pass close to the blender.

The primary pump then supplies the towel rails and booster rad/s and utility rad where fitted. And of course the HW cylinder though not applicable in your case if the thermal store is supplying your HW requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back