Leaking valve in Central Heating

Fil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in a t-valve which lies between the hot water out and the return pipe to the combi boiler. The leak is not serious just a constant drip whilst the heating is on and seems to be coming through a join in the casing in the end not connected to the pipes.

Is there anything I can use to repair this small hole or should i really be looking at calling out the plumber and replacing this part?

I'm not sure what the valve is there for so if someone could enlighten that would be good too.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
without knowing exactly what it is it is hard to say, but is it one of these? or maybe bigger?

8123_l.jpg

much bigger. At the end of the long section of the T is a multi turn 'turn thing' (sorry don't know what the technical term is). This seems to open and shut the flow of water as you would expect so that when open the central heating system is short circuited- quite why you would want to do this is what I don't understand.

I've had a closer inspection and it would appear the whole 'mechanism' screws into the casing and this is where the leak is coming from so I think it may be just a case of finding the right spanner and tightening things up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back